This 2 day Paediatric First Aid qualification provides the necessary skills and knowledge to deal with a range of emergencies involving children. On completion, candidates will be able to recognise and manage childhood medical conditions, as well as being able to provide emergency treatment until the arrival of the emergency medical services.
This course is available as an open course or group booking. Group booking information and fees are further down this page.
Open Course Dates
|Paediatric First Aid (2 days)||tbc||-|
Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- managing an unresponsive casualty and the recovery position
- cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- minor injuries
- safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies
- Injuries e.g. head, neck, eye etc.
- understanding acute medical conditions or sudden illness e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, asthma
- electric shocks
- burns and scalds
Certification Safety Training Awards (STA) Certificate of Training (with SQA Accreditation) valid for 3 years
Course Length 12 hours (2 days)
Maximum Participants 12 (8 if using Training for Care’s venue)
- £920 for up to 8 participants
- £115 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.