PDA Health and Social Care Supervision (SCQF Level 7)
|Course Start Date:||tbc|
|Application End Date:||–|
|Course Length:||3 months|
Are you a new supervisor in your organisation? If yes, this PDA will support your SSSC registration when applying for the following roles:
- Supervisor in a care home service for adults
- Supervisor in a housing support service
- Supervisor in a care at home service
Please see the SSSC website for more information here.
At Training for Care we understand that the transition of job roles and taking on extra responsibility can be a challenge. That is why we have designed this 3 month PDA programme, with 4 tutorial days and excellent 1:1 support, to help you achieve this essential qualification and further your career.
This is a 3 month programme covering two SQA units at SCQF Level 7: Supervise People and Supervise the Protection of People.
Self-directed learning is combined with taught input and ongoing distance tutor support to develop the skills required to recognise and evidence practice. The award is achieved through completion of a written assignment.
- Legal and Organisational requirements of the supervisory role
- The definition and function of the supervisory role
- Management Styles and Learning Styles
- Managing conflict and dilemmas
- Promoting Person Centred Care and Safeguarding Individuals
- Decision making models and processes
Awarding Body: SQA
CPD Time: 40hrs
Applicants should already hold SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) or equivalent SSSC registerable qualification and be working in a supervisory role.
please contact us to register your interest.
To apply, download and complete the application form, and send it to Training for Care.