The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Health and Social Care Supervision has been designed by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) to meet the SSSC’s registration requirements for supervisors, in conjunction with a relevant care related qualification at SVQ3, or equivalent.
|4 weekly Tutorial sessions (Tuesday evenings,6pm-8:30pm)|
Applicants should already hold SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) or equivalent SSSC registerable qualification and be working in a supervisory role.
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Health and Social Care Supervision meets the SSSC’s registration requirements for supervisors, in conjunction with a relevant care related qualification at SVQ3, or equivalent. Please see the SSSC website for more information.
This applies to the following roles:
- Supervisor in a care home service for adults
- Supervisor in a housing support service
- Supervisor in a care at home service
Our PDA is delivered as a three month programme consisting of online tutorials over 4 weeks and 1:1 feedback and support during the assignment writing stage. Tutorials combine teaching, group activities and individual reflection to make the most of the development opportunities provided by group settings. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn from each other’s experience and knowledge in a variety of care settings, as well as developing a solid knowledge base around key areas of the supervisor’s role.
The Units contained within the PDA are:
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People (F6CX 34)
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People (F6CW 34)
- Legal and Organisational requirements of the supervisory role
- The definition, principles and function of the supervisory role
- Models and methods of supervision
- Promoting relationships and managing conflict and dilemmas
- Values and Attitudes and their impact on the supervisory role
- Risk management and safeguarding