|Course Start Date:||tbc|
|Application End Date:||please contact us to register your interest|
|Course Length:||3 months|
The PDA in Health and Social Care Supervision is delivered as a 3 month programme consisting of 4 fortnightly tutorials and optional 1:1 feedback support.
The tutorials combine teaching, group activities and individual reflection to make the most of the development opportunities provided by group settings. Students will have the opportunity to learn from each other’s experience and knowledge in a variety of care settings, as well as developing a solid knowledge base around key areas of the supervisor’s role.
- Legal and Organisational requirements of the supervisory role
- The definition, principles and function of the supervisory role
- Models and methods of supervision
- Promoting relationships and managing conflict and dilemmas
- Values and Attitudes and their impact on the supervisory role
- Risk management and safeguarding
Applicants should already hold SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) or equivalent SSSC registerable qualification and be working in a supervisory role.
Awarding Body: SQA
CPD Time: 40hrs
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Health and Social Care Supervision has been designed by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) to meet the SSSC’s registration requirements for supervisors, in conjunction with a relevant care related qualification at SVQ3, or equivalent. Please see the SSSC website for more information.
This applies to the following roles:
- Supervisor in a care home service for adults
- Supervisor in a housing support service
- Supervisor in a care at home service
The Units contained within the PDA are:
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People