Children and Young People SVQ Level 3 (SCQF Level 7) Evening
This Social Services (Children and Young People) SVQ 3 (SCQF Level 7) qualification is delivered using Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system for highly responsive assessment.
|Application End Date|
|£1950 (see funding options below)|
- Fully funded Modern Apprenticeship for all ages (Subject to eligibility and availability)
- Fully funded Disabled/Care Experienced Modern Apprenticeship Enhanced Funding for those aged 20-29
- Where Modern Apprenticeship Funding is not available, candidates can apply for the SAAS Part Time Fee Grant. The maximum grant award is currently £813 – Course fee with full grant award is £1137
- have a minimum of 6 months appropriate experience at support worker level in a childcare setting
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
to be eligible for Modern Apprenticeship funding candidates must:
- not currently attend a Government funded programme, University, FE College or School
- work in Edinburgh, East Lothian or Midlothian (if you work outwith the Lothians please get in touch as you may still be eligible if we have an assessor in your area
4 mandatory units and 4 optional units
Training for Care Inputs
- Fortnightly underpinning knowledge tutorials and portfolio building
- Workplace visits for observation and candidate support
- SQA registration and certification; TfC internal verification and standardisation
- All SQA manuals, TfC learning materials, and award stationery
Workplace Support Requirements
- Authentication of reflective accounts
- Witness testimony of candidate performance by a qualified staff member
- Liaison with peripatetic assessor
- Candidates will use the Learning Assistant on-line portfolio system (full training will be given)
- Tutorial attendance as above.
- Availability for workplace visits
- Commitment to written work and private study appropriate to an SCQF level 7 qualification
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system is an on-line system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.
Emily's Training for Care Journey
“I expected to work through the training and gain my qualification. I didn’t expect the amazing help and support I received and it is due to this I have finished and gained my qualification. Training for care is an amazing training programme and I would definitely recommend it to anyone asking.”
Victoria, SVQ in Children and Young People SCQF Level 7