Children and Young People SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) Open Assessment
This qualification is delivered using Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system enabling experienced and motivated candidates with internet access to work through the qualification more independently, but with guidance and observation visits from a TfC assessor, and within the usual time-frame of approximately 12 months.
|apply and start at any time|
|8 – 15 months|
|£1750 (see funding options below)|
- Fully funded Modern Apprenticeship for all ages (Subject to eligibility and availability)
- Fully funded Disabled/Care Experienced Modern Apprenticeship Enhanced Funding for those aged 20-29
- Where Modern Apprenticeship Funding is not available, candidates can apply for the SAAS Part Time Fee Grant. The maximum grant award is currently £813 – Course fee with full grant award is £937.
- be reasonably experienced/mature practitioners with good communication skills
- possess adequate study skills and the capacity to organize their time to accommodate regular coursework sessions at home
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
Candidates will receive
- 1:1 award and portfolio induction
- an individualised award plan timetable
- direct observations
- portfolio assessment and feedback
- guidance on meeting gaps in practice and knowledge
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system is an on-line system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.
Emily's Training for Care Journey
“I expected to work through the training and gain my qualification. I didn’t expect the amazing help and support I received and it is due to this I have finished and gained my qualification. Training for care is an amazing training programme and I would definitely recommend it to anyone asking.”
Victoria, SVQ in Children and Young People SCQF Level 7