|Course Start Date:||Start at any time|
|Application End Date:||Apply at any time|
|Course Length:||8 – 15 months|
|Course Fee:||£1950 (see funding options below)|
This Social Services (Children and Young People) SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) qualification is delivered using Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system enabling experienced and motivated candidates with internet access to work through the qualification more independently, but with guidance and observation visits from a TfC assessor, and within the usual time-frame of approximately 12 months.
Eligible for the Part-time Fee Grant, course fee £1137 with the full grant (the maximum grant awarded is currently £813).
To speed up the application process, please complete the Part Time Fee Grant application form and send it to us along with your SVQ application form.
- be reasonably experienced/mature practitioners with good communication skills
- possess adequate study skills and the capacity to organize their time to accommodate regular coursework sessions at home
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
Candidates will receive
- 1:1 award and portfolio induction
- an individualised award plan timetable
- direct observations
- portfolio assessment and feedback
- guidance on meeting gaps in practice and knowledge
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system is an on-line system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.