Our short courses are led by qualified and experienced subject specialists with course directors and lead tutors to oversee quality assurance. All courses have been developed to meet specific adult care and childcare sector mandatory and continuous professional learning (CPL) requirements.
Training for Care’s short course fees are changing from 1st June 2022.
In order to simplify the way our group booking fees are worked out, from 1st June, we will charge a fee for minimum numbers and a set per person fee for any additional participants. This means that many of our courses will now be better value for minimum numbers and you will find that some of our course fees have also been reduced for larger group sizes. NB Any courses booked before 1st June will be charged either the cost at the time of booking or the new cost, whichever is lowest.
We hope that this new way of working out fees will provide greater transparency to those booking with us.
Online or Face-to-face Training
- Some of our courses are now available for online and/or face-to-face delivery.
- We use Zoom but can also deliver training on Teams or a platform of your choosing, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- See individual course pages for more information on the availability of online and face-to-face delivery.
Book as an Organisation or as an Individual
- Group bookings – choose a venue (ours or yours), date, and time to suit your organisation. This is a cost efficient option for groups of 6 or more participants.
- Open courses – our open course programme is suitable for small numbers and individual bookings. Click here to see open course dates
Standards and Quality Assurance
Certification to meet current guidelines and statutory requirements
External Awarding Body approval where required
Course Directors for the five main subject areas, responsible for course content and development, trainer selection and monitoring, Lead Tutors for all other courses
Trainers are subject qualified and experienced
Course Content designed or adapted to recognise care sector values and demands and can be tailored to your needs
Course Directors available for free, informal advice on their subject area
Prompt and Flexible enquiry and online booking system
Group Bookings with a choice of venues, dates, timings
Open Course Programme giving frequent dates for small number or individual bookings
Location of training can be at your own premises or at Training for Care’s in central Edinburgh
Short Courses for Childcare
Select the course you are interested in for further information. To book or discuss your requirements, contact Caroline.Ladd@tfcscotland.org.uk or use our group booking request form