Children and Young People SVQ4 (SCQF Level 9) Open Assessment
Training for Care is now delivering the SVQ Level 4 Award in Childcare!
The Social Services Children and Young People SCQF 9 Award (SVQ4) is suitable for managers and deputy managers in a day care service where you are involved in leading a team. Managers must have a leadership role and have responsibilities for a team of childcare practitioners.
The qualification is delivered using VQFolio’s e-portfolio system enabling experienced and motivated candidates with internet access to work through the qualification more independently, but with guidance and observation visits from a TfC assessor, and within the usual timeframe of approximately 16 -18 months.
|Application End Date|
- SAAS Part Time Fee Grant. The maximum grant award is currently £1014 – Course fee with full grant award is £1086. We will provide with guidance on how to apply for the PTFG following successful interview.
- Be working at a level that will enable them to complete an SCQF Level 9 award e.g. working as a manager/lead practitioner, have involvement in policy writing, planning for inspections and leading a team.
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
The course comprises of 4 mandatory units and 4 options units, however additional units can be included (at an additional cost) to achieve 120 credits towards a BA in Childhood Practice.
Training for Care Inputs
- Workplace visits for observation and candidate support
- SQA registration and certification; TfC internal verification and standardisation
- All SQA manuals, TfC learning materials, and award stationery
Workplace Support Requirements
- Authentication of reflective accounts
- Witness testimony of candidate performance by a qualified staff member
- Liaison with peripatetic assessor
- Candidates will use the VQFolio on-line portfolio system (full training will be given)
- Availability for workplace visits
- Commitment to written work and private study appropriate to an SCQF level 9 qualification
What is VQFolio?
VQFolio is an online portfolio system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.