This award enables middle managers in all sectors to demonstrate competence in their role.
It is also acceptable for SSSC registration purposes (with the exception of Day Care of Children Services) when paired with two units from the SVQ Care Services Leadership and Management (CSLM) at SCQF Level 10. Click here for more information on CSLM Units.
|apply and start at any time|
|individualised (generally within 12 months)|
|£1595 (see funding options below)|
- Candidates can apply for the SAAS Part Time Fee Grant. The maximum grant award is currently £873 (course fee with full grant award – £722).
Applicants should be working as a middle manager with a wide remit and span of control and must be able to demonstrate an application of knowledge and skills in a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities performed in a variety of contexts. Applicants must also have a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy, and must have responsibility for the work of others and the allocation of resources.
- Interview at workplace to ensure applicant is able to demonstrate a paper train of their role in supervision of staff. Clear documentation of role will be required – job description.
- Completion of SVQ Management Levelling Tool to ensure operating at correct level.
The Management SVQ4 (SCQF Levels 9) is made up of eight units, four mandatory and four optional.
Candidates will receive
- 1:1 award and portfolio induction
- an individualised award plan timetable
- direct observations
- portfolio assessment and feedback
- guidance on meeting gaps in practice and knowledge
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.