|Course Start Date||start any time|
|Application End Date||apply any time|
|Course Length||individualised (generally within 12 months)|
The Management SVQ4 (SCQF Levels 9) is made up of 8 units, 4 mandatory and 4 optional.
The award enables middle managers in all sectors to show their competence in their particular work area.
Please note: The SSSC has confirmed that the award is acceptable for registration purposes (with the exception of Day Care of Children Services) with a compensatory measure. The compensatory measure requires candidates wishing to use the award for registration purposes to provide evidence of achievement of the following 2 units from the SVQ Care Services Leadership and Management at SCQF Level 10: H7LG04 – Manage and Develop Yourself and Your Workforce within Care Services and H7LH04 – Lead and Manage Practice that Promotes the Safeguarding of Individuals). Click here for more information.
Working as a middle manager with a wide remit and span of control. Must be able to demonstrate an application of knowledge and skills in a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities performed in a variety of contexts. Must have a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. Must have responsibility for the work of others and the allocation of resources.
- Interview at workplace to ensure applicant is able to demonstrate a paper train of their role in supervision of staff. Clear documentation of role will be required – job description.
- Completion of SVQ Management Leveling Tool to ensure operating at correct level.
- Part-time fee grant available for candidates earning less than £25,000 and fulfilling eligibility criteria.
Candidates will receive
- 1:1 award and portfolio induction
- an individualised award plan timetable
- 2 – 3 direct observations
- portfolio assessment and feedback
- guidance on meeting gaps in practice and knowledge
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.