|Course Start Date:||March/April 2020|
|Application End Date:||apply now or contact us to register your interest|
|Course Length:||up to 18 months|
This Social Services (Children and Young People) SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) course is aimed at employees, who are eligible for MA Funding (see below), with limited experience of childcare but the ability and commitment to develop their skills to practitioner level.
Fully Funded Modern Apprenticeship (subject to eligibility) – no course fee
For funding, candidates must either:
- be under 20 years of age at the start of the qualification
- be 20-29 years of age and eligible for Modern Apprenticeship Enhanced Funding for Disabled/Care Experienced
All candidates must:
- work in Edinburgh, East Lothian or Midlothian
- have a good standard of written English
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
Weekly half-day release
- Foundation stage, Months 1 to 4 – Grounding in essential childcare knowledge; current approaches and guidance; training in core skills, employability and teamwork; preparation to perform at practitioner level; preliminary assessment
- Assessment Stage, Months 5 to 18 – Developing knowledge and practice at level 3; level 3 assessment using Learning Assistant on-line portfolio
- Weekly day release tutorials: knowledge, portfolio building and support
- Workplace visits for observation, candidate support and mentor liaison
- TfC internal verification and standardisation
- SQA and Learning Assistant registration
- Learning materials
- Provision of mentor for candidate support and development, and liaison with TfC assessor
- Witness statements
- Attendance at weekly tutorials
- Availability to meet assessor at workplace
- Commitment to written work and private study appropriate to a SCQF Level 7 qualification
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system is an on-line system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.