Children and Young People SVQ3 (SCQF Level 7) MA Extended Day Release
This course is specifically designed for those who are eligible for MA funding and have limited experience of working in childcare but the ability and commitment to develop their skills to practitioner level.
|Application End Date|
|15 – 18 months|
To be eligible for Modern Apprenticeship funding you must:
- not currently attend a Government funded programme, University, FE College or School
- work in Edinburgh, East Lothian or Midlothian (if you work outwith the Lothians please get in touch as you may still be eligible if we have an assessor in your area)
- have a good standard of written English
- have access to a PC or laptop with word software and internet access (tablets and smartphones are not sufficient)
- Foundation Stage (months 1 to 4) – Grounding in essential childcare knowledge, current approaches and guidance, training in core skills, employability and teamwork, preparation to perform at practitioner level, preliminary assessment
- Assessment Stage (months 5 to 18) – Developing knowledge and practice at SCQF Level 7, assessment using Learning Assistant on-line portfolio
Training for Care Inputs
- Tutorials: knowledge, portfolio building and support
- Workplace visits for observation, candidate support and mentor liaison – see measures put in place for observations during Covid-19
- Assessment, Internal Verification and standardisation
- SQA and Learning Assistant registration
- Learning materials
Workplace Support Requirements
- Provision of workplace mentor for candidate support and development, and liaison with assessor
- Witness statements
- Attendance at tutorials
- Availability to meet assessor at workplace
- Commitment to written work and private study appropriate to a SCQF Level 7 qualification
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant is an online portfolio system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.
Emily's Training for Care Journey
“I expected to work through the training and gain my qualification. I didn’t expect the amazing help and support I received and it is due to this I have finished and gained my qualification. Training for care is an amazing training programme and I would definitely recommend it to anyone asking.”
Victoria, SVQ in Children and Young People SCQF Level 7