Training for Care is a Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) approved centre specialising in adult social care and childcare training.
We deliver Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs), Short Courses and other vocational programmes to meet the regulatory and CPL requirements of the sector. As an educational charity, established in 1982, we have a long history of providing high quality learner focussed training to all levels of staff in the sector from support workers to managers.
Training for Care is based in Edinburgh and delivers training throughout Scotland.
Our purpose is to increase opportunities, skills, and recognition for those working or wishing to work in the caring professions and, through this, to contribute positively to the quality of life of the recipients of care.
- All of our staff and professional associates are qualified and practically experienced in their training areas
- We have links with a large number and range of employers offering quality placements and assessment environments for our students
- We work closely with SQA and SDS to maintain high quality standards
- Our SQA quality reports have consistently high confidence ratings
- An SQA Approved Centre delivering Scottish Vocational Qualifications since 1993
- Short courses to meet CPD requirements since 1998
- Programmes to improve employability since 1982
- Delivery of introductory level courses and Foundation Apprenticeships in childcare and social care as part of school vocational programmes since 2007 Read more
In partnership with Skills Development Scotland (SDS) we deliver Modern Apprenticeships and we also work with Local Authorities to deliver Foundation Apprenticeships to school pupils in the Lothians.
We enjoy many long standing relationships with a variety of organisations across all areas of the sector
- National and local charities and voluntary organisations and Local Authorities
- Childcare: Nurseries, After School Clubs, Childminders
- Social Care: Residential Care Homes, Day Centres, Supported Living, Care at Home, Outreach Working, Elderly Care, Physical and Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Services, Homelessness and Addiction Services
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Training for Care we are committed to ensuring that our programmes are accessible to everyone and that we maintain an environment where all workers and learners feel valued and able to fulfil their potential.
We have Equality and Diversity and Equal Opportunity in Assessment Policies to provide a framework for ensuring these commitments are met and these policies are reviewed regularly to facilitate continuous improvement.
We welcome and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups within the Social Care and Childcare Sectors, in particular Male, BAME, Disabled and Care Leavers.