Training for Care is an educational charity, established in 1982, specialising in social care and childcare training. We are an SQA approved centre and deliver SVQs, Short Courses and other vocational programmes.
We provide Employability Programmes and Modern Apprenticeships funded by Skills Development Scotland (SDS). We also deliver Foundation Apprenticeships and Schools Vocational qualifications in partnership with Local Authority.
We are based in Edinburgh and deliver training throughout central Scotland.
Our purpose is to increase opportunities, skills, and recognition for those working or wishing to work in the caring professions and, through this, to contribute positively to the quality of life of the recipients of care.
- Raising standards of care through training for social care and childcare sector workers. See Vocational Training and Short Courses
- Helping to prepare people for a career in social care or childcare. See Employability
- Contributing to people’s ability to protect and improve their own and others’ health at work and outside work: First Aid, Food Hygiene, Moving and Handling
- All Training for Care staff and professional associates are qualified and practically experienced in their training areas
- Links with a large number and range of employers offering quality placements and assessment environments for our students
- SQA Approved Centre delivering Scottish Vocational Qualifications since 1993: over 100 workers supported each year to achieve an SVQ
- Delivery of short courses since 1998: currently delivering around 300 courses each year for 3000 participants
- Programmes to improve employability since 1982: presently more than 30 people progressing into social care and childcare employment each year
- Delivery of introductory level courses in childcare and social care as part of the school vocational programme for East Lothian Council since 2007 and Midlothian Council’s Developing Midlothian’s Young Workforce vocational prospectus since 2014. Read more
Providing training for over 250 large, medium and small organisations:
- National and local charities and voluntary organisations
- Private organisations
- Local authorities
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Training for Care we are committed to ensuring that our programmes are accessible to everyone and that we maintain an environment where all workers and learners feel valued and able to fulfil their potential.
We have an Equality and Diversity Policy to provide a framework for ensuring these commitments are met and this policy is reviewed regularly to facilitate continuous improvement.
We welcome and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups within the Social Care and Childcare Sectors, in particular Male, BAME, Disabled and Care Leavers.