Training for Care is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1982 and this year we are proud to be celebrating 35 years!
We are based in Edinburgh and deliver training throughout central Scotland.
- Raising standards of care through training for social care and childcare sector workers. See Vocational Training and Short Courses
- Helping to prepare people for a career in social care or childcare. See Employability
- Contributing to people’s ability to protect and improve their own and others’ health at work and outside work: First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Moving and Handling
- All Training for Care staff and professional associates are qualified and practically experienced in their training areas
- Links with a large number and range of employers offering quality placements and assessment environments for our students
- SQA Approved Centre delivering Scottish Vocational Qualifications since 1993: over 100 workers supported each year to achieve an SVQ
- Delivery of short courses since 1998: currently delivering around 300 courses each year for 3000 participants
- Programmes to improve employability since 1982: presently more than 30 people progressing into social care and childcare employment each year
- Delivery of introductory level courses in childcare and social care as part of the school vocational programme for East Lothian Council since 2007 and Midlothian Council’s Developing Midlothian’s Young Workforce vocational prospectus since 2014. Read more
Providing training for over 250 large, medium and small organisations:
- National and local charities and voluntary organisations
- Private organisations
- Local authorities