About the Part-Time Fee Grant
The part-time fee grant (PTFG) is funded through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). The following awards delivered by Training for Care are eligible for the PTFG:
|Maximum Grant Amount (based in unit choice)|
|Social Services Children and Young People SCQF Level 7||£813|
|Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7||£733|
|Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9||£823|
|Management SCQF Level 9||£873|
To be eligible for the part-time fee grant you must
- have an individual income of £25,000 a year or less, including overtime
- fulfil the SAAS residency criteria
- be studying at SCQF levels 7 – 10 and doing 30-119 SCQF credits in each year of your course
- not be receiving support from another government training scheme such as Employability Fund, Modern Apprenticeship, ITA (please note if you have received ITA funding within the last year you should contact SAAS as you may still be eligible for partial PTFG)
You can go to http://www.saas.gov.uk/part_time/ug/eligibility.htm for full eligibility criteria
How to Apply
Download an application form:
You will need to refer to the in order to complete the form correctly.
Please ensure you download the correct application form for your course start date.
For additional forms and guides: https://www.saas.gov.uk/forms_and_guides/part_time.htm
TfC Administration Process
Please complete sections A, B, D and F of the PTFG application (TfC will complete the rest) and pass it to TfC along with evidence of your income as follows:
- If you are paid monthly, 4 weekly or 2 weekly – your three most recent payslips (please note if your last 3 payslips do not reflect your normal monthly income, e.g. they include overtime, you will need to provide additional evidence in the form of a letter from your employer).
- If you are paid weekly – three payslips dated within the last three months
- Alternatively – a letter from your employer confirming your monthly or weekly gross salary for the last 3 months or a certification of income completed by you and your employer which you can download from the part-time section of the SAAS website.
- If you are also in receipt of benefits or are not employed please see guidance notes (section D – Your Income).
To speed up the application process, please pass on your PTFG application as soon as possible, ideally at the same time as submitting your SVQ Application Form (please be sure to tick the part-time fee grant box in section c).
General Information and Enquiries
Visit the SAAS website http://www.saas.gov.uk, or call 0300 555 0505 (general), 0300 300 3137 (PTFG)