Our Epilepsy in Later Life course is suitable for anyone working in a care setting for older people.
The likelihood of developing Epilepsy increases as we get older. Epilepsy seizures vary from person to person and can often be very subtle, therefore this manageable condition can often be left undiagnosed. This course aims to raise the awareness and understanding of Epilepsy, specifically in older people, and will help develop a carers’ ability to recognise this serious condition and therefore contribute to the appropriate support of their clients.
- the challenges that epilepsy in later life presents
- recognising seizures in the elderly
- differential diagnosis
- impact of the condition on the elderly person
- medication issues
- role of the health service
- role of voluntary organisations
- best practice for ensuring optimum care
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 3 hours
Delivery Model Face-to-face delivery
Maximum Participants 12
- £240 for up to 8 participants
- £30 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Group Booking Information
Choose a date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.