Epilepsy Awareness with Buccal and Nasal Midazolam Administration
This course is available for Group Bookings only.
For social care staff working with clients who are prescribed buccal and nasal midazolam.
- definition of epilepsy
- classification of seizures
- principles of managing seizures
- impact of epilepsy on lifestyle
- differences between status epilepticus and serial seizures.
- organisational policies
- epilepsy care plans and risk assessment
- procedures for buccal and nasal administration
- potential difficulties
- legal and ethical considerations
- local and national resources for the support of people with epilepsy
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 6.5 hours
Maximum Participants 12
- £520 for up to 8 participants
- £65 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.
Course content and delivery was excellent – gave a really good understanding of administration as well consideration of the impact before and after for people who require medication to manage Epilepsy
Course was done in a way that keeps you interested in the subject the trainer John used humour but was very insightful and knowledgeable , I learned a lot from the course and would recommend to others.