Suitable for staff or volunteers who are required to administer Diazepam and Midazolam.
Available for Group Bookings.
Day 1 Awareness:
- definition of epilepsy
- classification of seizures
- principles of managing seizures
- impact of epilepsy on lifestyle
- differences between status epilepticus and serial seizures
- introduction to practice
Day 2 Diazepam and Midazolam:
- organisational policies
- epilepsy care plans and risk assessment
- procedures (including rectal tube insertion with practice on a model)
- potential difficulties
- legal and ethical considerations
- local and national resources for the support of people with epilepsy
Please note: both sessions cannot be run on the same day
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 2 x 4 hours
Delivery Model Face-to-face delivery
Maximum Participants 12
- £400 for up to 8 participants
- £50 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.