Suitable for Care staff and volunteers who provide physical assistance to clients, including assistance with chair transfers, bed transfers and use of mechanical lifting equipment.
Delivered as a blended model with a face-to-face practical session and theory workbook, for completion prior to practical, with online support as needed.
Available as an open course or group booking.
Open Course Dates
|Moving and Handling with Hoist Training||14th December||FULLY BOOKED|
|Moving and Handling with Hoist Training||15th December||FULLY BOOKED|
|Moving and Handling with Hoist Training||18th January||FULLY BOOKED|
|Moving and Handling with Hoist Training||15th February||10am - 3pm|
- the manual handling operations regulations
- risk avoidance, assessment and reduction
- responsibilities of employers, staff and volunteers
- basic anatomy, physiology, nature of injury
- efficient movement and ergonomics
Practical (as appropriate):
- manoeuvres and transfers, e.g sitting to standing, assisted walking, stairs, car transfers, wheelchair use, use of glide sheets, transfer aids, movement of clients in bed, safe handling of inanimate loads
- practical hoist training for use in Moving and Handling manoeuvres and transfers: passive and standing hoists; slings
Scottish Manual Handling Passport Scheme (SMHPS), 2014
This course covers Modules A, B, C, D and E
foundation training curriculum – theory – inanimate loads – chair manoeuvres – bed manoeuvres – Hoisting
Please note: All hoist courses are only available at TfC’s Edinburgh venue or at purchasers’ premises where an appropriate hoist is available.
If the training session is taking place at your organisations own premises we will ask that you inform us of the make and model of the hoist prior to the course and ensure a copy of the hoist manufacturer’s handbook is made available for the trainer(s).
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 5 hours plus theory workbook in own time
Maximum Participants 6
- £480 for up to 6 participants
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.
The best training I had in my life. The best trainer you could possibly hope for. 10/10
Enjoyed training class, lovely friendly people, Barnes was [a] brilliant trainer
This training was very informative and practical and it was very well presented. thanks
The training went well…Barnes did a perfect job to train us fully in knowing how to use the machines. It was a good presentation, well informative.
Everything is well explained & demonstrated properly, l was impressed with the trainingFlorence, Direct Care Services