Moving and Handling
A course suitable for Care staff and volunteers who provide physical assistance to clients including assistance with bed transfers. N.B. This course does not include work with hoists.
Delivered as a blended model with a face-to-face practical session and theory workbook, for completion prior to practical, with online support as needed. Please read our guidance for face-to-face training during Covid-19
This course is available as an open course or group booking.
Open Course Dates
|Moving and Handling||tbc||-|
- the manual handling operations regulations
- risk avoidance, assessment and reduction
- responsibilities of employers, staff, and volunteers
- basic anatomy, physiology, nature of injury
- efficient movement and ergonomics
Practical (as appropriate):
- manoeuvres and transfers, e.g. sitting to standing, assisted walking, stairs, car transfers, wheelchair use, use of glide sheets, transfer aids, movements of clients in bed, safe handling of inanimate loads
Scottish Manual Handling Passport Scheme (SMHPS), 2014
This course covers Modules A, B, C and D
foundation training curriculum – theory – inanimate loads – chair manoeuvres – bed manoeuvres
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 4.5 hours plus theory workbook in own time
Maximum Participants 6
- £390 for up to 6 participants
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.