Suitable for anyone working with children, babies and young people, including those who work with young clients who have additional support needs.
Delivered as a blended model with a face-to-face practical session and theory workbook, for completion prior to practical, with online support as needed.
This course is available for Group Bookings.
- ergonomics and risk assessment
- spinal awareness
- musculo-skeletal injury
- safer handling principles
- moving efficiently
Practical (as appropriate):
Application of safe handling principles to; inanimate load handling, lifting/carrying babies and children, other manoeuvres and transfers when working with babies, children and young people.
- staged lifting of small child to and from floor
- small child assisted transfer from one surface to another e.g. chair, toilet, bed
- manual lifting and carrying of a small child from one surface to another e.g. chair and bed
- assisting small child to stand up or sit down
- assisting a small child to walk
- where participants move and handle babies – demonstrating appropriate principles of manual handling, when lifting and carrying a baby from one surface to another e.g. floor, cot, pram
- safe use of any equipment used, including pre-checks
- activities of daily living with small children e.g. assisting with nutritional support, dressing or changing nappies
- moving and handling play equipment or small furniture
- emergency situations
Scottish Manual Handling Passport Scheme (SMHPS), 2014
This course follows modules A and B. Modules C and D are covered as applied moving and handling working with children.
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 4.5 hours
Maximum Participants 6
- £390 for up to 6 participants
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.