Level 1 Food Hygiene with Infection Control
The standard Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) course for staff and volunteers who serve food (including feeding) and/or set out and clear away meals and snacks and/or reheat prepared meals, but who work under a qualified supervisor and have no involvement in the preparation and cooking of ‘high risk’ food (meat, dairy products, eggs, fish, and cooked rice).
Plus additional content covering Infection Control (includes Covid-19).
Open Course Dates
|Level 1 Food Hygiene with Infection Control||22nd February||9:30 - 12:30|
Now includes relevant information on Covid -19 throughout course
- A General Introduction to Food Hygiene
- Legislation and Employee and Employers responsibilities
- Bacteria and Viruses
- Causes of Food Poisoning and Infection
- Preventing Food Poisoning and Infection
- Personal Hygiene and PPE
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Safe Handling and Storage of Food
- Plus Covid-19 Section-What happens when Covid-19 invades our body. What Covid-19 is. How Covid-19 spreads. The symptoms of Covid-19. How we can protect ourselves from the disease.
Certification Certificate from the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) (valid for 5 years) plus CPD certificate from Training for Care.
Course Length 3 hours
Delivery Model This course can be delivered face-to-face or as an online training session. For online delivery, participants will require access to a PC or device which connects to the internet.
Maximum Participants 15
- £320 for up to 8 participants
- £22 per additional participant up to a maximum of 15
Group Booking Information
Choose a date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.