This 12-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions and learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers. They will
know how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Learners will recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse.
Learners will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and understand how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
This course is available as a group booking.
Open Course Dates
|Leading First Aid for Mental Health||tbc||-|
- What is mental health?
- Why people develop mental health conditions.
- The role of a First Aider for mental health.
- Providing advice and practical support.
- How to recognise and manage stress.
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- Impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- First Aid Action Plan for mental health.
- Implementing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understanding a range of mental health disorders and support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers
Certification FAA Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
Course Length 12 hours
Delivery Model Face to face training
Maximum Participants 12
- £920 for up to 8 participants
- £115 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.