This 6-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Learners will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. They will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
This course is available as an open course or group booking.
Open Course Dates
|First Aid for Mental Health||tbc||-|
- What is mental health?
- Why people develop mental health conditions.
- The role of a First Aider for mental health.
- Providing advice and practical support.
- How to recognise and manage stress.
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- Impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- First Aid Action Plan for mental health.
- Implementing a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Certification: FAA Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
Course Length: 7 hours (6 hours training + 1 hour formal assessment)
The formal assessment will be carried out on a 1:1 basis, your tutor will contact you to arrange a time slot.
Maximum Participants: 12
- £560 for up to 8 participants
- £70 per additional participant up to a maximum of 12
Group Booking Information
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.