Training for Care has developed 2 courses specifically to meet the training needs of the childcare sector.
Moving and handling is a key part of the working day for most childcare employees and carers.
Poor moving and handling practice when moving play equipment, lifting babies/small children and pulling buggies can lead to:
- back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to an inability to work
- moving and handling accidents – which can injure both the child being moved and the person assisting
Our Moving and Handling – Working with Children courses are for all those who work with or provide support to babies, children and young people. They focus on:
- increasing awareness of safer moving and handling
- introduction to ergonomics and risk assessment
- spinal awareness
- introducing safe handling principles and unsafe handling
- emergency situations
Working with Children with Additional Needs? Standard manual handling and hoist training courses in line with the Scottish Manual Handling Passport (SMHPS) covering modules A, B, C, D and E developed in relation to handling babies, children and young people.
We can also provide a tailored training plan to meet the specific needs for informal carers or for carers of a specific client.
The trainers delivering these courses are registered healthcare professionals with a specific interest or specialism in paediatric manual handling.
Click on the links below for more info on each course