This course is suitable for all personnel involved in ensuring good standards of infection control so that businesses can operate safely in the new normal Covid-19 world. Shop Assistants, Bar and Counter Staff, Food Preparation and Food Service Staff, Cleaners of Food Premises.
This course is available as an open course or group booking.
Open Course Dates
|Infection Control for Food Handlers||tbc||-|
Isobel MacEwan MREHIS. Isobel is a REHIS approved trainer for Infection Control who has worked in food safety and infection control for thirty years, including 18 years delivering short courses for Training for Care. She also is a freelance consultant and currently advises companies on food safety and infection control in Edinburgh and across Scotland.
- A General Introduction to Infection Control
- Legislation and Employee and Employers responsibilities
- Bacteria and Viruses
- Causes of Infection in a food preparation and handling setting
- Preventing of Infection in a food preparation and handling setting
- Personal Hygiene and PPE
- Cleaning and Disinfection
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 2 hours
Delivery Model This course can be delivered face-to-face or as an online training session. For online delivery, participants will require access to a PC or device which connects to the internet.
Maximum Participants 15
- £250 for up to 8 participants
- £20 per additional participant up to a maximum of 15
Group Booking Information
Choose a date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button.