|Course Start Date:||2018 – date to be confirmed|
|Application End Date:||Contact us to register interest|
|Course Length:||8 – 12 months|
|Course Fee:||£1400 (see funding options below)|
This Social Services and Healthcare SVQ2 (SCQF Level 6) qualification includes a small number of tutorials to provide a grounding in the principles and theories essential to achieving this level.
- Under 20s: Fully funded Modern Apprenticeship – No fee
- Aged 20-24: Supported Modern Apprenticeship – Only £550 employer contribution
- Aged 20-29: Disabled/Care Experienced – Modern Apprenticeship Enhanced Funding – No Fee
To receive Modern Apprenticeship funding, applicants must be aged between 16 and 24 at the start of the course and not have undertaken any previous MA funded training.
Who is the course suitable for?
Staff with a minimum of 3 months’ experience in a support worker/care assistant role.
N.B. If you have a member of staff without the required three months’ prior experience, the induction period can be extended to achieve this prior to MA registration. Appropriate voluntary work and/or work experience placements can also be counted towards the 3 months’ experience.
8 – 12 months depending on experience
Content and Structure
The course is divided into two stages. Progression to the second stage requires candidates to have demonstrated during the first stage that they have the ability, job role and support of their workplace to have a realistic expectation of achieving the qualification.
- Stage 1 (2 months)
- Tutorials: 4 days: introduction to SVQs, underpinning knowledge, and Learning Assistant e-portfolio building
- Stage 2 (4 – 12 months)
- On-line support
- 3 workplace observation visits by TfC peripatetic assessor
- Awarding body registration and certification
- All assessment and internal verification
- SQA manuals, TfC learning materials, and award stationery requirement
- Modern Apprenticeship candidates only – attendance at TfC every 3 months for a formal review (this is due to new SDS funding arrangements)
- Provision of witness statements by appropriate staff members
- Liaison with TfC peripatetic assessor
- Respond supportively to the candidate’s training needs
- Availability for workplace visits
- Commitment to written work and private study appropriate to a SCQF level 6
- Candidates will use the “Learning Assistant” on-line portfolio system (full training will be given)
- Tutorial attendance as above and attendance at reviews if your are a Modern Apprentice
What is Learning Assistant?
Learning Assistant’s e-portfolio system is an on-line system for distance learning, support and assessment. It facilitates prompt communication between candidate and assessor, gives on-line access to planning guidelines and learning materials and access to an on-line forum for candidates.
To apply please download an application form and return it to us, alternatively contact us if you need more information.