Epilepsy Awareness and Diazepam and Midazolam Administration
This course is available for Group Bookings only.
For staff with clients who are prescribed rectal tube diazepam or buccal/nasal midazolam.
Day 1 Awareness:
- definition of epilepsy
- classification of seizures
- principles of managing seizures
- impact of epilepsy on lifestyle
- differences between status epilepticus and serial seizures
- introduction to practice
Day 2 Diazepam and Midazolam:
- organisational policies
- epilepsy care plans and risk assessment
- procedures (including rectal tube insertion with practice on a model)
- potential difficulties
- legal and ethical considerations
- local and national resources for the support of people with epilepsy
Please note: both sessions cannot be run on the same day
Certification TfC Certificate of Attendance
Course Length 2 x 4 hours
Maximum Participants 12
Choose a venue, date and time to suit your organisation. Please get in touch with your requirements using the request group booking button. Fees are shown in the table below.
|Attendees||Group Price||Per Capita|
|8 (or less)||£630.00||£78.75 (for 8)|