Understanding and skills development for carers working in circumstances of loss and bereavement: supporting relatives, friends, colleagues, and self.
- attachment theory
- Worden’s four tasks of mourning
- working with relatives, friends and colleagues
- how grief is expressed
- Worden’s tasks for helpers
- awareness of one’s own needs
- empathic listening and responding
Pauline O'Brien BSc, BA Psych, PG Dip Counselling, MBACP (Accred). Pauline is a counsellor/psychotherapist, accredited by BACP and COSCA, and a trainer accredited by COSCA. She works with clients on a wide range of issues including bereavement, loss, anxiety and relationship problems, and supervises the work of other counsellors. Pauline also teaches a number of courses including Bereavementsand Loss for Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland.
TfC attendance certificate